The tyres must be inspected periodically for removing eventual foreign objects through which the tyre might lose air.
MODE OF OPERATION:
- Find the spot through which the tyre loses air by visualization, feeling or wetting the tyre;
- Mark the spot visibly (with chalk or paint);
The existence of the object in the tyre will not allow the sealant to form a permanent filling. Do not remove the object from the tyre!
- Restore the pressure (eventually ensure an overpressure of 0.5 atm);
- Drive for a small distance to allow the solution to distribute uniformly;
- To remove the object, position the tyre with the marked spot (perforation) facing downwards, but allowing it to be removed afterwards (extracting the perforating object);
- Remove the object and drive immediately such that the sealant will fill the hole and the cap is formed (a temporary seal is formed); if a screw is stuck in the tyre, remove it by unscrewing it; forcing its extraction might affect the tyre;
- Restore the normal pressure;
- As the tyre continues to run subsequently, the flexion action pushes additional sealant in the perforation, making the seal permanent.
- A perforating object located inside the tyre for a longer period of time could could cause difficulties in sealing once it is removed, because of the tyre’s rubber losing elasticity, which leads to the tyre taking the shape of the perforating object. As a result of the loss of elasticity, when the object is removed, an open hole remains. This is why it is very important to regularly check for perforating objects inside the tyre.
To help the sealing of such a perforation, pressure should be restored (eventually ensuring an overpressure of 0.5 atm), making the wheel run for 8-10 km, until the tyre is heated. This would help in regaining its elasticity. Remove the perforating object and drive immediately, or the tyre could lose pressure and the perforation might not be sealed accordingly. The tyre must be inflated again to avoid driving with a deflated tyre.Pentru a ajuta etanşarea unei astfel de perforări se reface presiunea ( eventual asigurând 0,5 atm suprapresiune), se rulează 8-10 km până când anvelopa se încălzeşte.
The process of inflating/driving is necessarily repeated up to three times in this case (object stuck in the tyre for a long time), so that the seal becomes permanent.
- Before removing the perforating object, the tyre should be inflated at a slight overpressure, because in a deflated tyre, the sealant has the tendency to migrate sideways, not reaching the perforation as it should. The pressure also helps in sending the optimal quantity of sealant in the perforation.
The inspection and extraction operation is recommended to be done at the end of a ride, as the higher temperature when riding recovers the rubber’s elasticity and implicitly repairing the tyre by using FKR..
Extracting of perforating objects should not be done, therefore, if the vehicle was stationed for a while (before beginning a ride).